The fast read digital meat thermometer allows you to get the temperature on some very thin cuts of meat. While it has a few buttons all you really need most of the time, is the on/off in the center, just hit the button and your ready to go. It takes a couple of seconds to get the accurate reading but it is still faster than most. The display is good-sized and easy to read as well. The cord on the cover makes it super convenient, if you hang it around your neck it’s right there when ever you need it.
The only problem we have ever had with our fast read digital meat thermometer is when we accidentally hit the Fahrenheit – Celsius button (that will mess with you for a few seconds). The one we use is three years old and we have yet to have to change the battery. This is good because it uses a weird LR44 battery, that I don’t even know what it is.
To clean it we just swirl the tip in soapy water, rinse and wipe clean. Since the tip has a cover it will stay clean until your next use.
The fast read digital meat thermometer has a super thin probe that allows it to read the temperature of the thinnest cut of meat. This thermometer has an auto shut off to save on battery life as well as a snap on cover that will protect the tip. The cover has a cord to hang around your neck or on a hook for easy storage. Fast temperature readings from -58 up to 300 degrees. You can download the instruction manual here.
Fast Read Digital Meat Thermometer Features
• Accurate temperature in less than 4 seconds
• Super Thin Tip for easy measurement
• Temperature ranges from –58°F (-50°C) – 572°F (300°C)
• Auto shut off to save on battery life
• Detachable cover doubles as handle.
• Cover also comes with cord to hang from any hook for easy storage or around your neck while cooking
• Unit is waterproof (but not dishwasher safe)
• Takes 1 LR44 battery (included)